Years ago, I received this recipe from a dear friend, Joseph Smith. It was a favorite dish for my husband and I, which I prepared quite often. It is a simple fish recipe, yet so delicious. I have to be honest, after having kids, I stopped cooking it, as I assumed they would not enjoy the flavor of Tuna Steaks. However, after receiving fresh Tuna Steaks from a client, I decided to try it out on the whole family. To my surprise, my kids loved these Balsamic Glazed Tuna Steaks.
One of the strategies I share with my clients for planning quick meals at home, is to have simple sides if there are a few steps involved in your main dish. It can be easy to forget about if attempting more than one dish with so many ingredients in each of them. For example, as a side to these amazing Tuna Steaks, I would serve with a simple tossed salad and steam or roasted vegetables.
From the kitchen of the famous Joseph Smith, minus the green onions in the original recipe so my kids will eat it, here is the perfect recipe for fish for the entire family.
Balsamic Glazed Tuna Steak
- 1 ¼ tsp of black pepper
- ½ of salt
- 4 (6oz) tuna steaks
- ½ cup of fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 2 TBS of balsamic vinegar
- 5 tsp of dark brown sugar
- 2 TBS of low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp of corn starch
- Spray your grill or sauté pan and put on medium heat
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on steaks
- Place steaks on grill or pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until your preference.
- Remove from heat
- Combine broth, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and corn starch in sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Cook for 1 minute
- Spoon glaze over fish
If you are ready to learn how to can take control of your diet and exercise with a program design especially for you, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a time for a FREE consultation. It is never too late nor too busy in life to learn how to healthy habits a part of your lifestyle.