How do we discover the woman God created us to be and find the time to pursue it in a busy world? That is the million dollar question and one that I understand as I have had to walk through the process. What I have learned is that it starts with three steps:
- Adjusting our priorities so that we make time to spend in God’s presence each day and seeking more of Him.
- Learning to let go of certain duties or responsibilities so that we can spend time on our gifts and talents God has given us for His purpose.
- Getting rid of Idol time, those things that consume our thoughts and distract us from seeking more of God and His plans for our life.
What Time is it for You?
You may be in the season of life where it is time for you to be still and seek God’s direction; discover your passion and talents; or confront the idols in your life that may be robbing you of finding peace with God. But then there comes a point when it is time for a change. Are you ready to step out and change something in your life to be what God created you to be?
I like to think about it in the same manner as our health and fitness. We cannot pray for good health and not do our part by eating healthy and exercising. Likewise, we cannot sit and pray for God’s will to be done in our life and be paralyzed by fear to move. I understand completely the feeling of being paralyzed by fear and why I must hold to what God’s word says to me.
- Isaiah 43:5 – “Do not be afraid, I am with you.”
- Joshua 1:9 – “Be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you.”
- Eph 3:20 – Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power, that is at work within us.
What Season is it for You?
As I work with women to create a fitness and food design, many times they have to realize what enabled them to eat healthy and exercise in the past no longer works. They are in a new season of life and may need to change and do things differently to get results. The Bible tells us in Ecclesiastes 3 there will be different seasons of our life. It is important that we stay in fellowship with the Lord to understand fully what season of life He has us in to prepare for the next step.
So how do you know? Whether you are paralyzed by fear of change or you are someone who is quick to take a big leap and change, it is important that you do not skip the first three steps
Then when you feel it is time for a change, stop and evaluate if it lines up with the word of God? God does not call us to be something that is contrary to His word. If you feel you have not discovered a dream, feel like you have a fresh dream, or an old dream that has not come to pass, I encourage you in the same way. Seek time with God and studying His word, discover your unique gifts and talents and throw away those idols that consume your thoughts so that you will know if this is
The Time to Pursue the Woman God Created You to Be.
I am curious, what step are you taking at this season in your life?